NightOwls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Night-Owls.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Howzabout an RPG?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dlakii

Dlakii

Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:54 pm

@Gurk: :liked:

@Blade: Yup. I just really liked the look of that incarnation based on what I've seen of its Brawl trophy. I haven't actually played Wind Waker (or any Zelda game aside from Minish Cap, actually; Lai is a dumbass and traded in Phantom Hourglass before I could play it).
Back to top Go down
Blazanax

Blazanax

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Indeed, WW Ganondorf is bad anus. And PH, although still very good, isn't really as good as most Zelda games. Get Spirit Tracks. There's trains! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:34 am

I just got a brilliant idea!

What if Vezon T. Rattlehead is trying to revive an evil being of darkness... who's abbreviated as T-E?
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm not exactly fond of the notion of basing a higher villain off T-E. Sure, VTP heroworships him and that rant of his needs to die, but I still respect the man just a bit too much.

That said, we could go on a slight tangent and have Lord Rattlehead seek to revive an extremely influential and powerful ancient organisation known as PDaCB. That actually is happening on BZP, except T-E is no longer at the head of it. It's undoubtedly going to suck. Use of said organisation here probably wouldn't suck though. Of course, said organisation would - though not necessarily evil itself - be harnessed by Lord Rattlehead to perform evil deeds of evil.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Dlakii wrote:
I'm not exactly fond of the notion of basing a higher villain off T-E. Sure, VTP heroworships him and that rant of his needs to die, but I still respect the man just a bit too much.

That said, we could go on a slight tangent and have Lord Rattlehead seek to revive an extremely influential and powerful ancient organisation known as PDaCB. That actually is happening on BZP, except T-E is no longer at the head of it. It's undoubtedly going to suck. Use of said organisation here probably wouldn't suck though. Of course, said organisation would - though not necessarily evil itself - be harnessed by Lord Rattlehead to perform evil deeds of evil.
YES YES YES

To be honest, I actually didn't think of "basing" anyone off T-E, but just use the abbreviation.

Now let's see... We could call it "the P.D.A.C.B." and refer to it as "the Power Draining Arbitrary Corporational Beings".
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm

YES.

I'm thinking a rough parody of Organisation XIII of the Kingdom Hearts series - in that the leaders wear black cloaks and have various powers. In terms of the appearance and attributes of the various individuals, perhaps we could apply a similar methodology to how we devised Lord Rattlehead; that is, caricatures based on the past BZP display names of the old authors of PDaCB, including T-E. For example, one member - perhaps the most sinister of the lot - would be named Pak, and would have sonic powers and his head would resemble that of Pacman (or however it's spelt).
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:44 pm

ABSOLUTELY

Now on another note, I was thinking on T-E's rant. How about this: We need to find a magical scroll that shields its user from the evil dark power of Evil Lord Rattlehead's Criticizer.
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:51 pm

Aka-

Nerds.
Back to top Go down
https://nightowls.rpg-board.net
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:04 pm

YES. The scroll could have been created millennia ago by the legendary Editoralis, the deposed former leader of the P.D.A.C.B. (he was indeed a being of darkness, as is his portrayal in various BZP comics) who lost his title when his subjects grew sick of his bizarre "attempts" to create peace, of which the legendary scroll was one. Perhaps the scroll, in spite of its shielding contents, also has the ability to corrupt its bearers in a One Ring-esque manner.

oh god this would make a hilarious comic series, but I frankly couldn't be stuffed to act upon that Razz
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:57 pm

DEFINITELY.

In addition, I think "VTP" should be an abbreviation for, say, the "Vezon Terror Program" or something similar, which is used for his battleships and castles and flying fortresses and such.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter for DS, and I think I may be able to forge my hero from that game, the notorious Toon Gurk, into this RPG.

also forget comics i'd pay good money for this if it were a game
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 pm

I fully support that notion. The question is, logically Lord Rattlehead would have henchmen to at least pilot his battleships, so of what should they consist?

Also, might as well go the whole nine yards and create one of those enormous media conglomerate projects like The Force Unleashed - games, novels, comics, toys, beach towels, and - most importantly - undergarments with Lord Rattlehead decals, all of which tell the same/a similar story in a different way.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Updated scenario.

The year is 201X. A psychotic Evil Dark Lord of Evil Dark Darkness of Evil and presumed heavy crack user, Lord Vezon T. Rattlehead, has surfaced in some random world or another. He has announced his intention to resurrect the ancient brotherhood of P.D.A.C.B. for his own purposes, and he'll use any means necessary. Many brave souls have attempted to bring an end to his madness, but had a swift end brought to them by use of such weapons as the BZPCannon and the Rantinator. Now, five random teenagers who don't seem to get that the world is doomed, by use of powers based upon a lack of imagination brought about by television and the internets, must gather, find the legendary Scroll of Editoralis, and put a stop to the metalhead ways of... the Rattlehead.

As with before, sense and plot optional.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 am

We've compacted so much WIN into this RPG.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:35 pm

And it was almost all synthesised from raw fail and meh. This is truly a victory for SCIENCE.
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:58 pm

The general detail of the RPG plotline indicates that we, as the title "5 teenagers", have powers. I take it that we can choose our own powers independently, rather than having those that we would not want thrust upon us?
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:26 am

Yup. Do whatever, basically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howzabout an RPG?   Howzabout an RPG? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Howzabout an RPG?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NightOwls :: The RPG forum-
Jump to: