NightOwls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Night-Owls.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts From The Commode

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Blazanax

Blazanax

Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Oh, I like how you made my room.

...But I should probably check your DA account out again.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 pm

@Gavla: Actually, Dark himself did that when he finally got his act together, officially upgraded to trishade and did Alpha. Sure, it took him like three years longer than every other major kit and one or two years after the trishade fankits started rolling in, not to mention well into the quad-shade era, but hey, who's counting?

@Gurk: Y'know, with the sarcastic tone, you'd almost think that there Nid was meant to be Angry Nid...
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 Liked
Back to top Go down
https://nightowls.rpg-board.net
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Gavla wrote:

...I think we just turned into TMR ._.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Back to TMUtLG...

oh and this'll probly be the last entry on it

The dark being looked over the world known as the Cartoon Dimension. This being's name had been lost long ago, before any one of this world's inhabitants existed. He was known as Destructor, and he was on a mission.

Destructor had come to the Cartoon Dimension in search of a priceless diamond from his world. It was here... somewhere... on one of these islands dotting the silver sea beneath dark clouds.

This would not be an easy treasure hunt, but he would find it. All the residents of his world and this one would cower before him. Plans were made and fulfilled, and luck was on his side. His first mission was to find and overtake the kingdom of the Elemental Sprites. The mission was a success. The rulers were imprisoned, and the one being who could do ANYTHING about it was... taken care of.

A thousand years had passed. The whereabouts of the diamond were still a mystery.

However, Elemental Sprites and Matoran alike muttered about a "legendary hero" who would defeat Destructor. He laughed at the thought... and pondered if such a being existed. Had this legend been true, there was someone out there who could foil him. But he had come too far to lose now.

His thoughts came to an abrupt halt as one of his servants entered the room. "Master Destructor..." he gasped, "...we have... some bad news..."

"What kind of bad news?" asked Destructor.

"We face competition. We've set our sights on a greedy treasure hunter who resides on the Forbidden Isle."

"So... he might get the diamond first?"

"That, and worse..." the servant muttered. "Who else is on the Forbidden Isle?"

"As long as she is imprisoned, we have nothing to worry about," Destructor responded almost immediately.

"That's the thing. This treasure hunter... he... he freed her."

Confidence turned to rage. "What?! This legend... This is not the legend, is it?! What do you know about it?"

"I- I- All I know is that there are six beings in the legend who will fulfill it, one being the hero himself..."

"A Toa team?"

"No, I don't... I don't know..."

"I don't care! I want this legend burned! I want this treasure hunter obliterated and her out of the way! Get to it!"

That's the beginning of the plot.
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Epic. Pure, epic.

You write some good stories, Ger. I want to see more.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Okay, guys, serious time.

Lego confirmed Bionicle is ending and that they will replace it with something else. Here's what I think.

This "something else" will never replace Bionicle. Chances are, it will be awful, and Lego will lose many fans.

Quote :
AND FOR LEGO'S SAKE, IT HAD BETTER NOT BE BEN 10 ALIEN FORCE. Thank you.

-Gerlicky

Even on Bara Magna, I loved the Bionicle storyline. Seems like the first batch of sets introduce the characters, and the second introduces the main plot. It was always exciting to see the new summer sets.

But this new theme- it won't be the same. It won't be the same as the Rahkshi, or the Toa Mahri, or even the Mistika. It'll be some cruddy replacement opportunity for Lego to make some crappy theme that won't last three years.

Ending just the sets- that's bad news. I feel like cancelling a comic series I had planned on for YEARS already. Imagine what it'll be like when the storyline ends.

The worst part?

Quote :
What do hate, though, is how they're just ending it with the Stars.

-Blade

And despite his rancid swearing habit that made me nearly lose all respect for him, I agree. I wish Lego would have ended Bionicle with a bang. The Stars are more of a "splut", despite the sheer awesomeness of Tahu.

In conclusion:

Quote :
But we will not surrender. We will remember the Bionicle storyline for the glory it once was. In our hearts and in our minds, the Toa Mata will have washed ashore on the island of Mata Nui.

-Gerlicky
Back to top Go down
Blazanax

Blazanax

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:03 am

Agreed. Even the swearing part. (Although, if you think I'm bad, you should see how Doom/Biosp is)

There is, however, discussion of a Matoran Universe Great Spirit set that, if discussed and supported enough, Lego might decide on making. I doubt they will though, but eh, BZP has been pretty influential with Lego so far.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:32 am

I'm not entirely sure that I support the notion of a Great Spirit Mata Nui set. Think about it. We had a small Mata Nui set, and that was mediocre. We then had a titan Mata Nui set, and that was awful. If we extrapolate from there, a Great Spirit set would logically be bigger than Titan Mata Nui, and would therefore be the most hideous thing in the history of the toy industry.
Back to top Go down
Blazanax

Blazanax

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:16 am

Oh yeah. Didn't even consider the mediocracy of set designers at times. However, if possible, they could focus on it enough to make it decent.

What I don't understand, though, is why Lego is making tons of 10th anniversary Star Wars stuff, but only a handful of Bionicle sets. And Bionicle is original.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:09 am

Star Wars has a massive fanbase amidst those who would actually be able to build Ultimate Collector sets, and as such these sets print money. BIONICLE has such a fanbase, but it's miniscule (assuming all members still bought sets, BZP would account for less than 1% of all BIONICLE sales, and even then not that many would buy such massive/expensive sets), so such sets wouldn't sell as well.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 5:18 am

Blazanax wrote:
Agreed. Even the swearing part. (Although, if you think I'm bad, you should see how Doom/Biosp is)
Oh, good, I never cared for Doom anyway. Razz

In addition, I believe I have found out what this mystery theme replacing Bionicle is.

Lego is claiming this new theme is based on an "established third-party property".

IT IS BEN 10! Quick, everyone, if you still care for Bionicle, bash that show as much as possible!
Back to top Go down
Blazanax

Blazanax

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Quote :
Beginning in summer 2010, The LEGO Group will debut a new, more flexible buildable figure property created by the same people who brought you BIONICLE. At the same time, we are also expanding the category to appeal to a younger audience through an established third-party property, starting in January

They aren't that stupid. Even if they ended Exo-Force horribly.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Blazanax wrote:
Quote :
Beginning in summer 2010, The LEGO Group will debut a new, more flexible buildable figure property created by the same people who brought you BIONICLE. At the same time, we are also expanding the category to appeal to a younger audience through an established third-party property, starting in January

They aren't that stupid. Even if they ended Exo-Force horribly.
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:52 pm

I love the sets. It makes me sad to see them go, all those parts and such.

Thus is why I'm taking this chance by the hand, ordering all the sets from 2001 to 2007.

I GOT ALL THE MCTORAN's. Again.

Anyway, this is indeed very sad. I'm sure for you guys too, by my age of 17, I've grown up with Bionicle. Since the Mctoran Macku set (My first small one) to Toa Tahu Mata and the Nui-Rama (my first toa and big set) even the Makuta (first titan set) When the gears were gone, it made poses more fun. Gears always have a special appeal though.

Each year, I worked hard to get my grandad to buy every single set. That started with the Bohrok, I never got all the Rahi or Turaga. I never got Pewku and Takua, or most of the Nuva. I remember in forth grad, kids and I had fights over Gundam and Bionicle. That was fun.

The Starz, being the last sets and such, are not BAD, but if Lego is ending with six sets, at least make them NORMAL size. Though they were pretty creative with the Rahkshi head and spine. (No kratta makes me sad)

The Inika were pretty good, some flaws even Hahli's manly face, but it was the first group of toa we met that were ONCE the Matoran we payed cash to buy in BOXES. And they had LIGHTS. 2009 was Lego's chance to branch into a new side of the story, keeping the same "Mata-Nui and the Toa VS the Makuta" plot, but actually bringing IN Mata-Nui in TWO set forms, bad or not, was something many waited for. It also brought us an easy to make Female body made out of MOCCING parts. It had flaws, yes..but it was still great. Awesome vehicle ideas, awesome characters, even the names were great. And it brought the movies back. Even if they were NOTHING like the first three. (Two robotic)

And now Lego stops sets, but thankfully keeps the story. So we still know what happens, but nothing as a visual guide unless someone draws for them.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:23 pm

On a different subject: I never really did play Final Fantasy games. The bosses kind of scare me.

Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:54 pm

So this is the real reason why they moved Final Fantasy series development away from Nintendo consoles by VII - the bosses Nintendo provided them with were way too overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:50 pm

FIGHT THE WEEGEE...
Back to top Go down
Blazanax

Blazanax

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:00 am

As a regular FF player, I'm actually kinda impressed with the edits. But, I never actually played VI, so I wouldn't really know how it's supposed to look.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Okay, new topic: I am loving this video.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: IMPORTANT NOTICE READ THIS   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Hey, guys. I'm going to be taking a break from NightOwls for the time being. FOR THE TIME BEING. I bet I'll be off this before it's my turn to post a comic at the rate things are going. Razz So anyway, see ya.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:15 pm

baiz
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Dang-nam it.

Come back Soon, Mr.G.

Anyway, Taka is almost done her comic.

Blade, get that comic done boi. I was gonna make a filler, but the NightOwls are too epic for fillerz.
Back to top Go down
Gerlicky

Gerlicky

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:00 am

Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:56 am

This is why we love the Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts From The Commode   Thoughts From The Commode - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts From The Commode
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NightOwls :: The Blogs-
Jump to: