NightOwls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Night-Owls.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Notes From a Wet Country - deux

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnuva

Johnuva

Notes From a Wet Country - deux Empty
PostSubject: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:15 pm

I know that this won't be anything like the BZP Blog, and i won't treat it as such. Razz
OK, guys. Go nuts. Smile
I have no rules for you to follow. Razz

First entry; Finished Penguin Awards for my BZP Blog - i need your views on what colours should represent each category, and which categories to use. :p

Ultrax is coming......
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:31 pm

yay!
Back to top Go down
https://nightowls.rpg-board.net
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Such an empty blog.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:30 pm

I say we start making entries for him, G. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:32 pm

RIGHT ON!

---Johnuva log today---

Today I, Johnuva, AKA JOHNNEHBOI, ate some form of bread. And hot water with flavor.

-Jon-
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Notes From a Wet Country - deux Waglbud
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Ah, so this blog is still active. Razz

Not expected, but thanks. Smile

Log for 27th December: SALE SHOPPING OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:14 pm

That reminds me, I need to track down a discounted Thornatus in one of these sales, maybe see if the Stars have struck Australia.
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:17 pm

The stars haven't even hit the UK yet... =/
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:18 pm

As long as they get here before someone else snags the Gresh review, I'm h... a... p... p... y...
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:21 pm

I take it you want to do the Gresh review, to show the world that you do like Gresh?

Or is it that you just want to see Gresh before your colleagues share their views?
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:22 pm

I want to do at least one frontpage review, and I think that doing Gresh would be quite ironic, particularly if the review ends up being favourable (which I think it will). Others have Gresh already - Darth Vader (a.k.a. Patrick the Greater) already has him, but he did Takanuva and doesn't want to snap up two reviews. Same with Sisen and maybe Smeag, I believe.

EDIT: GODDAMNIT ToM got Gresh and is doing a review. On one hand, it's a ToM review, so it'll be win. On the other hand, there's the obvious...

Last edited by Dlakii on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:26 pm

If ever you take part in a MEGA SET REVIEW, there'd be a similar case of B6 and S4 (andrew bossman and andrew the lesser) and you and DV. Razz

I like your choice if hopeful set review to be.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Alas, fate screwed up the possibility. As if it wasn't screwed up enough already, y'know, with that EFFING HUGE OCEAN between here and Brickfair.
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Aye. But, hey, you're living on a bigger country than I am. And you have the Sydney opera house.

*grinds teeth in frustration*
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Yes, but your country has some of the most epic history I know. I'd take England over Australia any day, if only for the COLD and RAIN and SNOW. The Opera House can go stick its head in a pig.

I would kill to be able to make the 2010 Brickfair - presently planned by numerous people to be the best Brickfair yet for BIONICLE - but doing so would be near-impossible for me.
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:39 pm

England's history, well...

It has been good, except for the wars and the convict schemes...

We owned America. America.

BrickFair would be epic. I have never been outside of Europe or on an aeroplane...
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:41 pm

I've never left the Australian mainland; hell, I've never been past Adelaide. Not that I care about the latter; there really isn't anything past Adelaide worth bothering with. Razz
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Well, I haven't heard much if Australia except the cane toad problem, the convict scheme and the opera house, so I don't know what is or isn't worth it. Razz

Same in Europe. France is great. Holland isn't.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Basically, anywhere outside the major cities has a tendency to suck. Except Gawler in South Australia. Lovely place.
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Just lovely.
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:49 pm

If ever my family consider going to Australia, I'll make sure to recommend it as an option. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gavla
Admin
Gavla

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:50 pm

And then kidnap Dlakii.

lol.
Back to top Go down
Dlakii

Dlakii

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Well, "lovely" as in "not horribly hot and dry". There's not much to do there. I do advise spending some time around Sydney or Melbourne, though. Alternatively, go to the Central Coast of New South Wales. That's even better than Gawler; in fact, it's the main source of inspiration for the Daxian Archipelago in LIGHT, and I regularly go there, possibly even doing so in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Johnuva

Johnuva

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, hot and dry would be kinda nice from England, the wet country that it is..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notes From a Wet Country - deux   Notes From a Wet Country - deux Empty

Back to top Go down

Notes From a Wet Country - deux
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NightOwls :: The Blogs-
Jump to: